CLICK red or blue text for LINKS!
"SuperKidz - How do I host a crusade, VBS, SuperFamily Celebration or other BIG EVENT?"
Robb and Jacqui Dunham'sStep by step hints and details that will help insure the success of any Crusade, VBS, SuperFamily Celebration or BIG EVENT!
We're here to make you and your event LOOK GOOD! So here, in a condensed format, is what we have discovered after 14 years of being children's pastors and family life pastors, and over 8 years of family and children's evangelism. These are made with the assumption that you have already scheduled your guest speaker (usually at least 6 months to two years in advance). Here is a link to schedule SuperKidz 4 Christ. These suggestions and hints are proven over thousands of events in thousands of locations. They really DO work! So here we go! You may want to print this out for ease of use:
PROMOTIONAL, ATTENDANCE INCENTIVES, AND FOLLOW UP IDEAS
Determine what your purpose is for holding this event. Is it for evangelistic outreach? To build attendance in church ministries? To disciple and teach the attenders? To generate excitement about children's and family ministries? Once the purpose is decided upon, be prepared to utilize every possible method to let the church and community know about this special event. Remember, most people need to hear or see something about an event seven times before they will make a decision about attending.
60 days before event:
- Make this event a matter of personal, daily prayer. Bring it up as a prayer request at every opportunity.
- Newspaper news releases should be sent to all newspapers in the area. Public service announcements should be sent to all radio stations in the area. Print on church or children's department letterhead. These two means are free, and can yield interesting results. Our bio sheet and basic info about the event should be adequate for both of these. Remember to keep them brief, and include all the basics - who, what, when and where. "Why" can be included, but be very succinct. Don't get "religious" with the secular media if you want them to print the material.
- Determine what prizes you may want to provide for attendance incentives. Prizes can be given away for bringing visitors, for perfect attendance, and for the coloring contest. We would suggest small prizes for the three kids who bring the most visitors each night, and a big grand prize for the child who brings the most visitors over-all. Also, some medium prizes for those who have perfect attendance, and for those who win the coloring contest. Small prizes could be candy bars, a six pack of soda pop, etc. A grand prize could range from a Christian cassette or video tape, a personal cassette player, or a "boom box" stereo, to a mountain bike. See if there's a retail business man in the church who would donate prizes, or at least sell them for a reduced price.
- Prepare (color photocopy) posters and fliers from the color poster master we sent you. Add dates and times and location to master. Also, add any info about special prizes you may be providing for attendance incentives. Make more than you think you will need. Please note #5, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 18 & 22 below to help determine how many to photocopy.
- Prepare (photocopy) coloring contest sheets from the black and white master of the poster. Include a space for the child's name and age or grade in school. Again, make more than you think you will need. See # 10, 13, 18 & 22.
- Invite other churches (not only of your denomination) to attend the event. Schedule a lunch meeting with Pastors, Children's Pastors and leaders in your area to invite them to participate in this community-wide outreach. Share your vision and goals, and our ministry with them. Give them fliers and posters, and give them our web site address so they can know more about us - www.SuperKidz4Christ.com
45 - 30 days before event:
- Normal channels of communication in the church, including bulletin, pulpit, and newsletter announcements should begin at least 30 days prior to the date of the event. Mention our website address on all publications so the people can get more acquainted with our ministry - www.SuperKidz4Christ.com
- Posters should be placed in high traffic areas (lobby, halls, classrooms, restrooms) around the church facilities.
- Also, get permission to hang posters at places of retail business, and to place a stack of fliers where the public can pick them up. Also at area churches. Check these weekly to make sure there are sufficient quantities through the event.
- Coloring contest sheets should be distributed to children for their own use, as well as for them to give to their friends. Distribute weekly up to and during the event.
- Distribute fliers to families. Do this every week up to the event.
Prepare registration sheets for attenders. Be sure to include a space for their name, address, phone number, attendance each service, and visitors brought each service.
- Recruit all workers you will need for the event. Train those who will be taking registration, so they are familiar with the registration sheet, and understand that these are vitally important for the contests, and for follow up. Build prayer base from the people whom you recruit. Recruit families to canvass their neighborhoods, schools and parks with fliers and coloring sheets.
- Prepare letter to send home with visiting families or children who come without parents, to be distributed beginning the first service of the event. Invite families to come to the last service, which will be the big finale, with prizes for bringing visitors, the coloring contest, and perfect attendance, and a special emphasis on raising children with solid, spiritual values.
- We suggest planning a water baptism service to be held very shortly after the event. There are likely to be a number of new converts, and you will want to maximize your effectiveness with these.
14 days before event
- Intensify prayer time, and continue building prayer base of supporting people.
- Prepare follow up plan. Recruit and train follow up team. Prepare database for mailing list. Prepare follow up letter on church or children's department letterhead for visiting families and children. We would strongly suggest having a special surprise in children's church, and a special family emphasis in the adult service, on the Sunday following the event. This will be an attraction for those who visit the church at the event to attend the worship service the following Sunday.
- Prepare canvassing maps of area for family canvassing teams. Hold training session for these teams, and send them out with fliers and coloring sheets.
- Obtain all supplies, equipment, prizes, etc. needed for event.
- Announce prayer meeting for the event. See # 21 below.
7 days before event:
- Hold a prayer meeting for the event with all workers, staff, canvassing and follow up teams, and supporting people. Invite other area church leaders to participate.
- Send canvassing teams out again.
- Continue in prayer, expecting great things from God!
- Begin adding new names to database. Finish within 24 hours after conclusion of the event.
- Tally spiritual results each service (number saved, number visitors, number baptized in Holy Spirit, etc.) to have total at end of event.
Within 48 hours AFTER event:
- Follow up letters need to be put into mail.
- Follow up phone calls to all visitors should be completed.
- Follow up/visitation teams need to begin visiting families.
- Express heartfelt appreciation to all workers and supporters.
- Print tally of spiritual results in bulletin. Announce from pulpit. Print event report in newsletter.
- Recap with team - discuss the positive things that took place because of this Big Event. Examples: More people involved in ministry, many children and families reached for the Lord, people strengthened in their Christian walk, etc. In what ways did this event meet the intended purposes and goals? In what ways did it expose areas that need "shoring up"? Where is improvement needed? End with a prayer of thanksgiving to the Lord, giving Him the glory for all the blessings and benefits brought to the church, the children and families.
- If appropriate, your guest speaker(s) would appreciate a reference letter. It is likely that you relied on another person's recommendation regarding them. Remember that others would like to hear how well your Big Event went.
- Begin plans for your next BIG EVENT!
This workshop is one of a seminar and conference series called "Jump-Starting Your Children's Ministries" conducted by Robb & Jacqui Dunham.
Click HERE for seminar workshop descriptions and info.
Let us know how we can be a resource and a blessing for YOU!
This workshop in its entirety is AVAILABLE ON TAPE! Click HERE
"MY NAME IS MARY DEPASQUALE. AT A CHILDREN'S MINISTRIES CONFERENCE, I ATTENDED YOUR CLASS ON PLANNING BIG
EVENTS. IT REALLY HELPED ME IN THE PLANNING FOR OUR CHURCH'S FIRST
HARVESTFEST. ALL OF THE INFORMATION YOU GAVE ME WAS WHAT I USED TO MAKE
EACH STEP EASIER."
Bringing excitement and spiritual challenge
to the hearts and lives of families & children!
ROBB & JACQUI DUNHAM
Nationwide Children's & Family Advocates & Evangelists
SuperFamily Celebrations, SuperKidz Crusades, Blasts, Camps, VBS
Power Parenting Seminars, Jump-Starting Your Children's Ministries Seminars
With many years of children's and Family ministries experience each, including 14 years as Children's Pastors and Early Childhood Ministries Directors, and Family Life Pastors, and 8 years as family and children's evangelists, we simply want to be a resource of blessing for you and your church.
Other Pages in the SuperKidz Website!
|SuperKidz HOME PAGE!
Bios, beliefs, etc.
|PRAISE, WORSHIP & SCRIPTURE SONGS CDs!
NOW - WORSHIP KITS available!
Crusades, Camps, VBS, Teacher Enrichment Seminars
Children's & Family Ministry Ideas that WORK!
Family Ministries, Power Parenting, Kidz Links, FUN!
|Quest Star - the Search for the Bright Morning Star
Great for Crusades, Camps, VBS!
of our ministry in ACTION!
Our (in) famous LIVE ACTION characters!
Where we will be, where we've been
What others like YOU are saying!
|REQUEST your own SUPERKIDZ EVENT!
What an exciting idea!
Making a difference through PRAYER & GIVING
|AWARDS this site has earned!
||Recommended RESOURCE LINKS!
PLEASE SIGN OUR GUEST BOOK
We'd like to get acquainted with YOU!
Guestbook by Bravenet Web Services
Click here to go to TOP OF THIS PAGE!
This site is constantly updating with fun and news and links.
Bookmark it as a favorite, and visit us often!
Click HERE for more SuperKidz CONTACT INFO
Copyright © 1997 - 2005 SuperKidz 4 Christ; All rights reserved.